2020- 2022 Policy Process | Green Party of Canada
Where GPC membership collaborates to develop our policies
G21-D008 Ensuring Best Hiring Practices for GPC
- Develop human resource best hiring practice recommendations with a detailed report to membership.
- Ensure transparency in human resource candidate recruitment, evaluation, vetting and hiring.
- Use an Executive Recruitment Firm for Executive Director candidate search, evaluation and vetting.
- Allow for a 4-8 month executive candidate search.
An analysis and redesign of GPC recruiting processes is needed to ensure human resource best practices are followed for all positions, including most critically, the Executive Director.
- Establish best in class human resource hiring and management practices
- Implement a continuous quality improvement approach to human resource practices
- Prevent nepotism or overuse of hiring proxies
- Ensure a high degree of professionalism
- Minimize the possibility of negative media coverage
Supporting Comments from Submitter
- Version 2.07 of the Council Handbook, 3.3.2, “Council or its delegated authority will: Govern with due diligence and integrity to demonstrate internally and to Canadians that the Green Party of Canada is fully capable of participating in the governing of Canada following the Green values set out in the Constitution as part of the Global Green community”;
- The True Cost Of A Bad Hire — It's More Than You Think: https://www.forbes.com/sites/falonfatemi/2016/09/28/the-true-cost-of-a-bad-hire-its-more-than-you-think/
- Bad Hiring Costs – By the Numbers: https://www.hrexchangenetwork.com/hr-talent-acquisition/articles/poor-hiring-costs-by-the-numbers
- The Bad Things That Can Happen When You Hire in Haste: https://www.tlnt.com/the-bad-things-that-can-happen-when-you-hire-in-haste/
- “In a typical CEO or Executive Director search, the hiring process can take 4-8 months.” – Staffing Advisors - https://blog.staffingadvisors.com/the-executive-search-hiring-process
Ecological Wisdom, Sustainability, Participatory Democracy, Social Justice, Respect for Diversity, Non-Violence.
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?